Motivated, energetic technology professional with passion, commitment and an eagerness to learn new skills, seeking employment or contract opportunities to improve client business processes for optimized performance and management. A highly proficient self-learner, able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical professionals alike. Accustomed to handling time-critical components as well as sensitive, confidential information.
Applications & Tools:
- Salesforce.com – Salesforce Certified Administrator
- WordPress (self-hosted)
- Virtual Box, Vagrant
- Sublime 2, Netbeans IDE, XML Spy, SoapUI, Putty, Cygwin, VPN
- Git, HP Service Manager, Service Now, Zendesk
- phpMyAdmin, TOAD, Oracle SQL Developer
- WebLogic Server, Tibco BW, BC, IM, & RV
Operating Systems (Command-line proficient):
- Oracle 11g
- Bash Shell Scripting
Salesforce.com Support, Freelance, SGilmour Consulting, LLC:
Freelance Client Projects: Feb 2014-October 2014, Aug 2014-Jan 2015, Feb 2016
- Enhanced existing functionality creating custom objects, formulas and reports, primarily using declarative customizations.
- Improved usability and adoption by implementing third-party applications via the AppExchange.
- Improved access to clients’ Salesforce instance by extending existing SFDC objects to Salesforce1 mobile.
- Installed, configured and tested Salesforce for Outlook integration.
- Utilized Salesforce.com’s change sets protocol to move changes into live organization.
- Implemented automation of WordPress website subscriptions into Salesforce.com leads, using web-to-lead functionality.
WordPress Design Consultant, Freelance, SGilmour Consulting, LLC, November 2013 – present:
- Provided web design services for small businesses, creating web presence, including eCommerce sites, using the WordPress Content Management System (CMS).
- Utilized existing premium WordPress themes, customizing as necessary using plugins, CSS, and HTML.
- Powerful, easy-to-maintain sites included online form functionality, integrations with clients’ Salesforce.com CRM instances, social media outlets, email tools such as MailChimp and Constant Contact, as well as email setup and search engine optimization.
- Provided site security using Virtual Private Server hosting, file and database backups, consistent updates of WordPress core and plugin files, as well as SSL certificate implementation for eCommerce sites.
Cigna, Senior Application Support Specialist, September, 2008-August, 2010, May, 2011-May, 2013:
- Database SME, focusing on database integration points of development, deployment, and support of new and existing applications.
- Middleware administration and integration support for SOA web services built on Tibco’s Business Works.
- Detailed data analysis to verify daily claims and enrollment loads, extracting data from Oracle 11g databases using SQL, reports written in Perl, as well as Tibco Business Connect.
- Coordinated, configured, and administered deployments of new code, adhering to solid SCM practices within VSS, Quartet, and Harvest for promotion into System Test, UAT and Production.
- Analyzed HIPAA EDI transactions, including 270, 276, 278, 834, 835, 837, as well as NCPDP file formats and the subsequent conversions to XML and EDI format for backend processing.
- Participated in large-scale migration of Enterprise Tibco applications to new Solaris servers, incurring minimal impact to claims processing.
Insight Global, Contractor – LNP Support Analyst, August, 2010-May, 2011:
- Data integrity management via SQL reporting and shell scripting.
- Administered third-party software across all environments, enabling seamless integration with middleware, databases, and front-end.
- Created and updated Oracle PL/SQL Procedures to manage data for optimal application performance.
- Performed data analysis on Local Number Portability solutions, extracting data from Oracle 10g databases using SQL queries and procedures.
- Utilized the ITIL framework to manage production, UAT and System Test tickets in Service Now.
Littleton Public Schools, Elementary Technology Coach, December, 2005-June, 2008
BEA Systems, Developer Relations Engineer, March, 2002-January, 2004
BEA Systems, Database Consultant, August, 1999-March, 2002
Evolving Systems, Jr. Database Administrator, August, 1997-August, 1999
Evolving Systems, System Support and Quality Assurance Analyst, November, 1994-August, 1997
University of Colorado, Denver
B.S., Business Information Systems and Management
Volunteer Web Developer & Webmaster, Score A Friend – January 2015-present:
- Designed, developed, and hosted http://scoreafriend.org/.
- Created & built out web content and forms to aide start up and promotion of new non-profit.
- Provided ongoing support of website changes and upgrades as well as advisement of social media promotion.
Volunteer Webmaster, Arapahoe Boys Lacrosse Club – August 2013 – March 2016:
- Added users, content, advertising, forms to custom Activities Management Portal as needed.
- Resolved user access issues, content inconsistencies, and ensured data relevancy.
Auction IT Management & strategy, various non-profits – October 2012 – April 2015:
- Implemented SaaS auction software, including setup, integration, data-loading and ongoing management of all auction processes and strategy related to data, including event-day management.
- In all 4 events, fundraising goals were exceeded by a minimum of 50%.